State of New Hampshire Property Tax Town of Sandwich Assessor

Town of Sandwich Selectmen and Assessors
8 Maple Street
Center Sandwich, New Hampshire 03227
Contact Info:
(603) 284 6819 (Fax)
The Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor's Office is located in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Where is the Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor's Office?

Town of Sandwich is a locality in Carroll County, New Hampshire.While many other municipalities assess property taxes on a county basis, Town of Sandwich has its own tax assessor's office. If your property is located in a different Carroll County city or town, see that page to find your local tax assessor.

Town of Albany Town of Bartlett Town of Brookfield Town of Conway Town of Eaton
Town of Effingham Town of Freedom Town of Jackson Town of Madison Town of Moultonborough
Town of Ossipee Town of Sandwich Town of Tuftonboro Town of Wolfeboro  

Town of Sandwich Assessor's Office Services

The Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Town of Sandwich, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Town of Sandwich assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Town of Sandwich Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Town of Sandwich homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Town of Sandwich Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Town of Sandwich?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Town of Sandwich Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Town of Sandwich municipal government. The Town of Sandwich seat can be found in the County Administration Building in Ossipee. You can contact Town of Sandwich with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Administration Building
PO BOX 152
Ossipee, NH 03864-0152
Town of Sandwich Contact Info:
(603) 539 2428 (Phone)
(603) 539 4287 (Fax)

For more details about taxes in Town of Sandwich, or to compare property tax rates across New Hampshire, see the Town of Sandwich property tax page.