State of Washington Property Tax Skagit County Assessor

Skagit County Assessor
700 South 2nd Street
Mt. Vernon, Washington 98273
Contact Info:
(360) 336 9308 (Fax)
The Skagit County Tax Assessor's Office is located in Mt. Vernon, Washington.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Skagit County Assessor's Office Services

The Skagit County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Skagit County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Skagit County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Skagit County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Skagit County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Skagit County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Skagit County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Skagit County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Skagit County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Skagit County?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Skagit County Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Skagit County municipal government. The Skagit County seat can be found in the County Courthouse in Mount Vernon. You can contact Skagit County with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Courthouse
1800 Continental Pl # 100
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-5625
Skagit County Contact Info:
(360) 336 9300 (Phone)
(360) 336 9307 (Fax)

For more details about taxes in Skagit County, or to compare property tax rates across Washington, see the Skagit County property tax page.