State of Texas Property Tax Kimble County Assessor

Kimble County Appraisal District
501 Main Street
Junction, Texas 76849
Contact Info:
(325) 446 4361 (Fax)
The Kimble County Tax Assessor's Office is located in Junction, Texas.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Kimble County Assessor's Office Services

The Kimble County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Kimble County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Kimble County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Kimble County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Kimble County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Kimble County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Kimble County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Kimble County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Kimble County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Kimble County?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Kimble County Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Kimble County municipal government. The Kimble County seat can be found in the County Courthouse in Junction. You can contact Kimble County with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Courthouse
501 Main St
Junction, TX 76849-4743
Kimble County Contact Info:
(325) 446 2724 (Phone)

For more details about taxes in Kimble County, or to compare property tax rates across Texas, see the Kimble County property tax page.