State of North Dakota Property Tax Ward County Assessor

Ward County Tax Equalization Office
315 3rd Street SE
Minot, North Dakota 58701
Contact Info:
(701) 857 6424 (Fax)
The Ward County Tax Assessor's Office is located in Minot, North Dakota.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Ward County Assessor's Office Services

The Ward County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Ward County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Ward County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Ward County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Ward County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Ward County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Ward County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Ward County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Ward County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Ward County?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Ward County Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Ward County municipal government. The Ward County seat can be found in the County Courthouse in Minot. You can contact Ward County with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Courthouse
PO BOX 5005
Minot, ND 58702-5005
Ward County Contact Info:
(701) 857 6420 (Phone)
(701) 857 6424 (Fax)

For more details about taxes in Ward County, or to compare property tax rates across North Dakota, see the Ward County property tax page.