State of Kansas Property Tax Greenwood County Assessor

Greenwood County Appraiser
311 North Main Street
Greenwood County Courthouse
Eureka, Kansas 67045
Contact Info:
(620) 583 6013 (Fax)
The Greenwood County Tax Assessor's Office is located in Eureka, Kansas.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Greenwood County Assessor's Office Services

The Greenwood County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Greenwood County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Greenwood County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Greenwood County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Greenwood County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Greenwood County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Greenwood County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Greenwood County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Greenwood County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Greenwood County?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Greenwood County Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Greenwood County municipal government. The Greenwood County seat can be found in the County Courthouse in Eureka. You can contact Greenwood County with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Courthouse
311 N Main St
Eureka, KS 67045-1321
Greenwood County Contact Info:
(620) 583 8121 (Phone)

For more details about taxes in Greenwood County, or to compare property tax rates across Kansas, see the Greenwood County property tax page.