State of Minnesota Property Tax Hubbard County Assessor

Hubbard County Assessor
301 Court Avenue
Hubbard County Courthouse
Park Rapids, Minnesota 56470
Contact Info:
The Hubbard County Tax Assessor's Office is located in Park Rapids, Minnesota.
Get driving directions to this office Get driving directions to the Assessor's Office

Hubbard County Assessor's Office Services

The Hubbard County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Hubbard County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Hubbard County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including:

Property Tax Appraisals
The Hubbard County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood. The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request.
Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals
If you renovate your property (such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms), the Hubbard County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions. Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage
Paying Your Property Tax
The Hubbard County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan. Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor.
Homestead Exemptions
The Hubbard County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Hubbard County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.
Property Tax Appeals
If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Hubbard County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation (and property taxes) will be adjusted accordingly.

How can I contact Hubbard County?

If you need access to property records, deeds, or other services the Hubbard County Assessor's Office can't provide, you can try contacting the Hubbard County municipal government. The Hubbard County seat can be found in the County Courthouse in Park Rapids. You can contact Hubbard County with general inquiries using the contact info listed below.

County Courthouse
301 Court Ave
Park Rapids, MN 56470-1421
Hubbard County Contact Info:
(218) 732 3196 (Phone)
(218) 732 3645 (Fax)

For more details about taxes in Hubbard County, or to compare property tax rates across Minnesota, see the Hubbard County property tax page.